Friday, March 12, 2010

My dirty Secret

I have a dirty secret I want to share.
I HATE washing dishes!!

I let them pile up

and if the sink gets to full or someone is coming I hide them

I hide them under the sink and in the stove. 
Be careful when hiding them in the stove.  I have forgotten a cutting board was in there and turned the stove on and it was quite the melted mess.

I don't know why it is I hate this chore so much but I do.
I think it is because I have a process I must do and it has to be done just so.
I can't let anyone else do it or they wouldn't do it my way then I can't handle it and have to do it again.
That especially applies to the dishwasher.
My husband will be nice and put stuff in but then when I check it out he hadn't prewashed and scrubbed them with a brush so they have food stuck on them and he puts everything in all the wrong.
This creates more work for me!
I have to take them out rinse and scrub them then organize them back in the dishwasher and keep out the ones I normally wash by hand.

Just so you know I do do the dishes eventually but sometimes like weekends I put it off for a few days.
I just HATE washing dishes
I hope someone else out there is like me.  I am sure I am not the only one.....hopefully :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I thought you were talking about me! Wow! I'm glad it is not just me! :) Thanks for the tip of hiding them, I always break down and do them when someone is coming. Hmm, but now I have more time to procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Thank you for this. It is my dirty secret as well. I felt like you were taking the words right out of my mouth! The only difference is that I DON'T have a dishwasher which really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm WITH YOU!!!! Dishes... hate em! You know the nice thing? Teenagers! Chores! Now I never have to do dishes again... okay at least not until college. :):):) My son actually doesn't mind doing them, thankgoodness!!!

    ReplyDelete